Feathers are everywhere this season...from hair to jewelry to apparel, so why should nails be left out of this fun trend? Below I will show you how to use real feathers to create a fast and incredibly simple feather manicure. These feathers can be purchased at any craft store and come in a variety of colors and styles. I have done this with everything from spotted neon rooster feathers to iridescent peacock plumes, but today I chose olive green pheasant plumage because it is a color that appears in so many of this year's fall polish collections.
- Nail polish in a complementary color to your feathers (I chose Rimmel's new metallic Rags to Riches)
- Top Coat (I used Seche Vite because of it's thicker, vinyl-like consistency, but anything will work)
- Tweezers for exact feather placement
- Cuticle trimmers to finely "prune" feathers to exact shape of nail
1. After your base coat is dry, apply nail polish one nail at a time as you will want it to remain wet for step 2.
2. Apply feather to wet nail and lightly press it into the polish.
3. Trim feather with scissors at nail tip. You may use cuticle trimmer to make this exact, but be careful not to nip the actual nail.
4. Apply thick coat of top coat over feather, let dry, and you are ready to show off your one of a kind feather nails.
I LOVE comments, so don't forget to tell me what you think of this look. Questions on the process? Suggestions for making these tutorials clearer? Are there any past looks you would like to know how to recreate? Any nail art you want to see me try? Talk to me!